Darktrace, the world’s leading cyber AI company, today launched Version 5 of its self-learning, self-defending Darktrace Immune System, allowing security teams to meet the novel challenges presented by more dynamic ways of working.
Darktrace was the first to use machine learning to analyze normal patterns of work, adapt on the job, and autonomously respond when changes in employees’ behaviors introduce security risks. With flexible work, Darktrace Immune System Version 5 extends protection against insider threat, data leaks, and advanced cyber-attacks beyond office walls, with lightweight client sensors and one-click integrations to provide a holistic view.
As the C-suite balances managing employee productivity with cyber security, organizations are also accelerating digital transformation investments to support cloud-based business and customer engagement models. Darktrace Immune System Version 5 delivers security both from the cloud and for the cloud, including new Autonomous Response for SaaS applications like Microsoft 365.
Digital transformation also encompasses more automation, integration, and artificial intelligence to streamline processes, extend existing investments and augment human teams. One of the most significant advancements in these areas is Darktrace Cyber AI Analyst, which mimics world-class threat analysts to prioritize, investigate and report on top threats. Investigations can now be kicked off by threats identified by people, for example the HR department, or from third-party security tools. Incidents can now also be fed into SIEMs, SOAR, or ticketing systems.
Darktrace Immune System Version 5’s numerous innovations include:
- Extended Visibility — new ‘client sensors’ extend the Enterprise Immune System’s visibility to remote and decentralized workers, on clients on or off VPN
- Autonomous Response for SaaS — Darktrace Antigena can now take action to stop emerging threats within Microsoft 365 and Zoom
- Upgrade to Cyber AI Analyst — automated threat investigations and reporting can now be produced for Cloud, SaaS and Industrial environments, triggered on-demand by humans and third-party security tools
- Dedicated SaaS Console — new, intuitive visualization of SaaS-based threats, seamlessly harmonized with other interface views
- New One-Click Integrations — easier to integrate with a range of additional third-party security tools for telemetry, SOC workflow and active Autonomous Response integrations
- Cloud-Native Delivery — Darktrace’s flexible delivery options include 100% cloud-hosted deployments, with AWS Marketplace or AWS QuickStart
“Learning normal behavior to identify emerging attacks and vulnerabilities at the earliest stages has never been more relevant,” says Eloy Avila, Americas CTO. “Innovations including client sensors, cloud-native delivery, and one-click integrations extend Darktrace Immune System to detect, investigate and respond to threats everywhere to secure today’s agile and intelligent workforce.”
Darktrace is the world’s leading cyber AI company and the creator of Autonomous Response technology.
Its self-learning AI is modeled on the human immune system and used by over 4,000 organizations to protect against threats to the cloud, email, IoT, networks and industrial systems. This includes insider threat, industrial espionage, IoT compromises, zero-day malware, data loss, supply chain risk and long-term infrastructure vulnerabilities.
The company has over 1,300 employees, 44 offices and headquarters in San Francisco and Cambridge, UK. Every 3 seconds, Darktrace AI fights back against a cyber-threat, preventing it from causing damage.