The World Economic Forum (WEF) announced its latest batch of lighthouse factories on December 14th. Ingrasys, a subsidiary of Foxconn Technology Group, was selected for its Taoyuan NanChing factory by leveraging AI to significantly improve production efficiency, becoming the world’s first AI server lighthouse factory. This is Foxconn Technology Group’s fifth lighthouse factory after Shenzhen, Chengdu, Zhengzhou and Wuhan. The lighthouse factory title is conferred by the World Economic Forum (WEF) and McKinsey consulting company through rigorous indicators, with the selectees representing the highest global standards for smart manufacturing and digitalization.
Introducing AI Technology to Transform 5 Major Core Production Scenarios, Production Efficiency Increased by 73%
From our partners:
Ingrasys’ Taoyuan NanChing factory’s main products include AI servers, HPC accelerators, cloud storage, and other related products. WEF’s evaluation is “The foundational AI models have led to an explosive growth in demand for computing power, as well as higher requirements for efficiency, quality and iterative speed of AI servers. By introducing AI computing in areas such as order forecasting, warehouse and production scheduling, product design, quality and assembly testing, the NanChing factory has achieved 73% production efficiency improvement, 97% product defect rate reduction, 21% delivery time shortening, and 39% per unit manufacturing cost reduction.”
“Our unrelenting investment in AI-powered smart manufacturing and promotion of automation, digitalization, intelligentization and sustainability have enabled Ingrasys to capitalize on the AI revolution,” said Ingrasys CEO Benjamin Ding. “Earning this third-party recognition validates our success spearheading AI adoption to transform smart manufacturing.”
Ingrasys AI Server Lighthouse Factory radicates in Taiwan’s High-tech Future,
To comprehensively promote digital transformation, Ingrasys deployed over 30 advanced cases and introduced cutting-edge AI technologies into five core production scenarios at its Taoyuan NanChing factory:
1) With AI to assist demand forecasting, NanChing factory has significantly improved demand forecast accuracy and massively enhanced product delivery capabilities;
2) By deploying AI-enabled, optimized smart warehouse management system, not only the difficulties of complex material unavailability are resolved, but the time for material preparation and order allocation is also greatly reduced;
3) Quality control based on AI analysis has significantly improved product quality inspection and equipment maintenance efficiency with much lower human workload;
4) AI-driven automated assembly and testing workshops has substantially increased equipment efficiency and per capita output;
5) Coupling AI modeling to improve product parameter design enabled highly efficient and customized AI server creation that aligned closely with customer needs. This was a key factor in Ingrasys servers gaining wide market recognition for their configurability.
Ingrasys is a leading global cloud infrastructure provider delivering diverse products and services including servers, storage systems, accelerators and green technology solutions to meet all data center operational requirements. For more information, please visit https://www.ingrasys.com/.
For enquiries, product placements, sponsorships, and collaborations, connect with us at [email protected]. We'd love to hear from you!
Our humans need coffee too! Your support is highly appreciated, thank you!